Sony DVD Recorder DVDirect VRD-MC6 DVD Burner
- Sony DVDirect VRD-MC6 Standalone Multi-Function DVD Recorder
- Transfer home video recordings / movies and digital pictures to DVD without a PC
- Direct, real-time video DVD recording from virtually any camcorder, VCR, or Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
- 2.7-inch color LCD screen to preview videos and videos
- Automatic DVD menu and title creation, choose from four preset menu designs
- Record all video, selected scenes or only video recorded since the last DVD burn
- 4:3 Full Screen and 16:9 Wide Screen support
- Multiple (5) recording quality modes allow up to 12 hours of video to be recorded per disc
- Records on DVD+R/+RW/-R/-RW single layer and double layer discs
- 1080i AVCHD Recoding Support (Advanced Video Coding High Definition)
- Built-in card readers for 5 most common memory cards
Records from Memory Stick, SD/SDHC and xD
- Record digital photos as a slideshow or for storage
- Create photo slideshows with choice of music soundtrack or your favourite MP3 tunes
- Creates ultra high clarity DVDs
- Compact and easy to use
- Works worldwide on both NTSC and PAL; Dual 120 / 240 volt system
- Compact Size, Color: Black
Keep your memories on DVD! This Sony DVDirect VRD-MC6 Standalone Multi-Function DVD Recorder can be used to transfer home movies and digital pictures to DVD, and do it all without a PC! It features built-in card readers and connects with virtually any camcorder, VCR or DVR, so transfer is a breeze. Preview video or up to 6 digital photos at a time using the built-in 2.7-inch color LCD screen. Plus, you can record onto DVD+R/+RW/-R/-RW single layer and double layer discs.
You can expect ultra high clarity when you transfer high definition video in native 1080i resolution from Sony AVCHD HDD / MemoryStick Handycam camcorders to DVD recorded in H.264 format. No PC required. Transfer your cherished memories with this easy-to-use Sony DVDirect VRD-MC6 Multi-Function DVD Recorder.
The burner even has a digital camera memory card reader to let you burn a DVD slideshow of your pictures. This is a great option for anyone who has a digital video or still camera and would like to burn DVDs without the need for a computer.
|Product Type:||DVD recorder|
|Media Load Type:||Tray|
|Supported Digital Video Standards:||MPEG-2, H.264, AVCHD|
|Recordable Media:||DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL|
|Recording Mode:||SP, LP, HQ, HSP, SLP|
|Media Type:||DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL|
|Display Type:||LCD display - 2.7" - color|
|Additional Features:||JPEG photo playback|
|Digital Audio Format:||Dolby Digital output|
|Sound Output Mode:||Stereo|
|Power Consumption Operational:||30 Watt|
|Power Device:||Power adapter - external|
|Voltage Required:||AC 120/230 V|
|Connector Type:||Composite video input ( RCA phono ) - side ¦ Audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2 ) - side ¦ IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK) ( 4 pin FireWire ) - side ¦ USB ( 4 pin USB Type A ) - side|
|Type:||Memory Stick PRO Duo ¦ SD Memory Card ¦ Memory Stick PRO ¦ xD-Picture Card ¦ SDHC Memory Card ¦ Memory Stick Duo ¦ Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||3.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||10.75 x 7.75 x 4.15|
- DVD Recorder (VRD-MC6)
- AC Adaptor
- AC Power Cord
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What type of discs are compatible with the recorder?
The recorder supports the following types of discs:
- DVD+R Dual Layer (DL)
2) What input jacks are available on the recorder?
The recorder has the following input jacks:
- DV (i.LINK® terminal)
- Composite Video and Stereo Audio
3) Can the recorder burn videos recorded in the HDV format to DVD?
HDV recordings can be burned to DVD with the recorder from a Sony® camcorder through either the VIDEO IN or DV IN jack. However, HDV recordings are down-converted to standard-definition quality.